Be Ready for it When it Happens, 'Cause it Will
You never know when an opportunity is going to come your way. I found out today that I am going to be a guest on a blog talk radio show tomorrow. It's hosted by Susan Preston and called Socializing Your Business. It airs at 1pm EST, if you fancy listening.
As I was putting together the requested information, I was grateful to know everything I needed I already had prepared previously. All I had to do was grab it, put it in an email and send it off. There was none of the rushing around madly trying to put everything together, that I have had to do previously in similar situations.
A few things to consider having ready:
- An up to date bio
- An up to date image of yourself
- A list of questions to give to the interviewer
- A talk you could give on your topic (or an outline, at the very least)
- A speaker sheet outlining the topics you speak about
- A free opt in offer ready to go – a lot of times you will be able to give out the URL for that, and if not, people will still visit your website from hearing you speak
- A product you can promote – I am able to talk about my ‘What to Tweet? Short is Sweet’ Twitter training on the call. If I did not have a product to talk about it would have been a massive missed opportunity.
I also think if you have everything ready it is more likely that those unexpected opportunities will appear.
I haven’t been asked to be a guest speaker, so this is really helpful information to have ready when I am.
Your time will come Joanne!
Great Advice and I am going to have those items ready. It is always a bit stressful when you are asked to do something and you are not prepared!
I completely agree! It felt really good to have it all ready.
Super post. I have a few of those things but not all so this is a good thing to put together…soon! Super!
Thanks Sabrina!! It really was such a relief to know I had everything organised.
Hi Stacey, Wish I had seen your post sooner; would have liked to listen to you! I love your tips and plan to share them with a client of mine who is a trainer and speaker. Want to make sure she is prepared more so than me!
Thanks Julie. Today’s post is the interview, so you can listen to it now. Thanks for sharing.
I didn’t see this posted yesterday. What a great idea. Being ready at a moments notice. The give away is always one where you have to figure out what’s best for your audience. There are so many to choose from. Your twitter take away will certainly have people reaching out to you!