Be Ready for it When it Happens, 'Cause it Will
You never know when an opportunity is going to come your way. I found out today that I am going to be a guest on a blog talk radio show tomorrow. It's hosted by Susan Preston and called Socializing Your Business. It airs at 1pm EST, if you fancy listening.
As I was putting together the requested information, I was grateful to know everything I needed I already had prepared previously. All I had to do was grab it, put it in an email and send it off. There was none of the rushing around madly trying to put everything together, that I have had to do previously in similar situations.
A few things to consider having ready:
- An up to date bio
- An up to date image of yourself
- A list of questions to give to the interviewer
- A talk you could give on your topic (or an outline, at the very least)
- A speaker sheet outlining the topics you speak about
- A free opt in offer ready to go – a lot of times you will be able to give out the URL for that, and if not, people will still visit your website from hearing you speak
- A product you can promote – I am able to talk about my ‘What to Tweet? Short is Sweet’ Twitter training on the call. If I did not have a product to talk about it would have been a massive missed opportunity.
I also think if you have everything ready it is more likely that those unexpected opportunities will appear.