How To Use Twitter Lists
Twitter lists are a great way to prioritize your news feeds, keep track of the latest news and cut down the noise from your Twitter feed. You can group both the people that you follow on Twitter, and those that you don't.
Key things to note about Twitter Lists:
- Can have up to 20 lists
- 500 people in each lists
- Lists can be both public and private
- If you add someone to a public list they will be notified
- List names can be no longer than 25 characters
- List names cannot start with a number
- Create your own lists or subscribe to other people's lists
Watch the 'How to Use Twitter Lists' on video at YouTube. Please leave a comment there if you found this video useful.
Here are some ideas of Twitter lists you might like to create:
- People from an event you have been to
- People from a course you are on or group you are in
- Daily news in your industry
- Industry leaders
- Competitors (you might want to keep this one private!)
- Blogs you follow
Connect with me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/staceylmyers. Do say 'Hi', as I always respond!
If you would like to learn how to use Twitter more effectively I do have a workshop coming up. You can read about it at What to Tweet? Short is Sweet!