How to Write a Welcome Email
As part of the Build Your List with 30 Daily Doables blog tour I had the opportunity to interview some great people on topics related to building a list.
Today, in case you missed it, I am sharing a short interview I had with Kate Barrett from Shine a Light Media. She is an email marketing expert and, as you will see in the video, she is very passionate about email marketing. We talked about, in particular, the first email people receive when they sign up for your list – the welcome email. This is probably the most important email you ever send.
- Welcome them and thank them for signing up for whatever it was they signed up for.
- Remind them what they signed up for and why it is great that they did.
- Tell them how to access the information they requested.
- Give them your email address so they know where to go if they have any questions.
- Let them know what is going to happen next – are they going to receive a weekly email or a monthly newsletter?
If you would like to learn more about building your list be sure to check out our kindle latest book: Build Your List with 30 Daily Doables.
wow what a great interview… Kate is great, thank you for sharing this… Very good info on the welcome email…
Kate is great, isn’t she!!
Good stuff Stacey. I agree the welcome email is the most important one for your new subscriber. It set's the tone and let's them know what to expect. Thanks for sharing this.
It is my pleasure. It is a very important one indeed!
So important! Thank you Stacey!
My pleasure Justin! Thanks for stopping by!
Kate is SO enthusiastic and knowledgeable! Thanks for sharing.
Great, simple approach to a welcome email! Thank you for sharing this!
It is my pleasure!! Thank you for stopping by!
Thank you all for your lovely comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed the video 🙂 If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout!
Thanks so much for stopping by, Kate!!