Starting Conversations on Twitter
It can be a bit frightening when you are first on Twitter to reach out to people and strike up a conversation. In show #2 I talk through a variety of ways to start those conversations -whether you are responding to something someone else posted or if you are initiating the conversation yourself.
Here is a list of some of the ideas covered in the show. Each point is elaborated further with additional ideas.
- Retweet other people's posts – either with a question/comment, or without. (Listen to my word of warning on retweeting links.)
- Answer a question that has been tweeted.
- Make a comment about something that has been tweeted.
- Favourite someone’s tweet.
- Jump into a conversation – use the search or a hashtag. (Again, a word of warning here.)
- Thank people for retweets
- Welcome new followers.
- Use their bio to give you something to talk about.
- Add people to a list. (I teach you how to create Twitter lists in this video.)
- Send a Follow Friday tweet (Make sure you don't make this mistake!)
- Ask a question.
- Give someone a compliment.
These are just a few of the ways to start connecting with people on Twitter.
Has this show helped you? Tweet me – @staceylmyers and if you have a question for the show, add the hashtag #StaceyAnswers.
Subscribe to Social at its Simplest Podcast on iTunes. That way you won't miss an episode!
I would love to hear other ways that you are reaching out to people on Twitter. Be sure to leave your ideas in the comments section below.